Get Ahead Program
Jump start your first semester
Get a jump start on your academic career with Get Ahead, a campus residency program that allows first-year students to start classes over the summer.
The Get Ahead program at the University of Delaware is coordinated by the Office of Academic Enrichment (OAE). It is a five-week summer residential program (commuter option available) for students admitted to the University who wish to get an early start on their academic journey.
July 15 – August 16, 2019*
Space is limited. The deadline to register is June 15, 2019.
*Move-in day and orientation is July 14. Please be aware that there is a required $100 deposit (non-refundable fee).
Life as a Get Ahead Student
The program is more than classes. We offer students an opportunity to:
- Get acclimated to campus
- Earn up to eight credits
- Participate in weekly peer-led review sessions
- Engage in specialized tutoring and mentoring provided by highly qualified UD students
- Potentially reduce their freshman course load
- Build new relationships with instructors and fellow students
- Live on campus (optional)
- Enjoy meals in one of University of Delaware’s dining halls
- Access a variety of recreational facilities, including the university gym and outdoor pool
- Participate in fun, coordinated program activities off campus
Application and Selection Process
The application for the 2019 Get Ahead program is now open. Admitted students can The deadline to register is June 15, 2019.
Estimated Program Costs
Delaware Resident Commuting
Program Fees (Housing, Dining & Program Costs)
*Tuition is assessed at 36% discount off the standard per-credit rate
Students participating in Get Ahead have the option of applying for financial aid for the summer. Students in all programs are considered for general grant funding. The College of Engineering and Alfred Lerner College of Business & Economics have also designated additional funding to support select students in the Get Ahead program.
Any student interested in being considered for grant assistance should complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA no later than May 1, 2019 for consideration (loans and PELL grants are available as long as the 2018-2019 FAFSA is completed by June 30, 2019).
Please note: the 2019-2020 FAFSA you may have filed at time of admittance is NOT applicable to this program.