Course fee waiver
A course fee waiver provides tuition assistance that waives the tuition for up to six courses each calendar year for employees, spouses, and eligible child(ren) at the University of Delaware. Each waiver will cover up to a 4 credit course and up to two waivers may be used each semester.
Full and part-time benefit-eligible faculty, staff and retirees who meet University of Delaware age and service.
Who Can Use this Benefit
In addition to the above, this program is transferable to a spouse or dependent child
Dependent children must be under the age of 26 by the free/drop add day of the semester in which the benefit will be used. If the child is 19 years or older and not a full-time student, a Tax Certification Form will be requested. Learn more.
University of Delaware
Two course fee waivers each semester or session. The maximum per calendar year is six requests (three for benefits-eligible part-time employees). Learn more.
- One course with a unique number up to four credits; or one course and its related laboratory not exceeding four credit hours; or
- One noncredit course not exceeding an amount equal to the cost of four undergraduate credit hours for Delaware students.
- Employees and their dependents may use Course Fee Waivers for ELI courses with a maximum of two per lifetime.
Acceptance in a particular course without payment of course fees:
- Must not displace an advance-registered, paying student; and
- Must not cause the need for a second course section or precipitate other action that would add appreciable costs to the University.
Employees do not qualify for fee waivers if they terminate, go on leave without pay, or are placed on layoff before the end of the late registration period.
Release time from work may一道本不卡免费高清 be granted if:
- The absence does not interfere with University duties and the time lost is made up,
- The course is not offered in Continuing Education or during non-working hours, and
- The course is of direct benefit to the work of the individual. The fact that a course may meet degree requirements may not in itself be sufficient reason for approval.
- Under no circumstances may more than one course be taken during working hours.
一道本不卡免费高清The employee will be responsible for the following fees:
- The Registration Fee will be assessed for each term/session a fee waiver is granted. For this purpose, Continuing Education courses are associated with the semester or session during which most of the class sessions are held.
- The General Fee will also be assessed for each Summer Session a fee waiver is granted.
- Undergraduate Level: Fee waivers and tuition remission benefits used by a civil union spouse and/or civil union spouse’s dependent(s) will be reported as taxable benefits to the employee if the benefited civil union spouse and/or civil union spouse’s children are not qualified tax dependents by IRS.
- Graduate Level: Federal legislation allows eligible employees to receive up to $5,250 in tax free education assistance for graduate level courses taken by the employee. Fee waiver benefits used by a spouse, civil union spouse and/or dependent children for graduate level courses are reported as taxable income to the employee. The tax exemption of $5,250 does not apply to classes taken by the employee’s dependents.
- Remember to login to My Finances through the Student Financial Services web site to access account billing and payment activity.
一道本不卡免费高清The student must first register for the course before submitting the education web form.
To apply for this benefit, the employee must log into web forms一道本不卡免费高清, select BEN Educational Benefits and the button for Course Fee Waiver and submit the form before the end of the late registration and free drop/add period for the semester. If an employee is requesting release time from work, s/he must complete the Employee section of the form and add his/her supervisor as an approver to the form. Once approved by Human Resources, a copy of the completed web form will be returned electronically to the employee. The web form must be submitted prior to the end of the late registration (free drop/add) period.
一道本不卡免费高清What do I need to do if I change my course after I submitted a web form?
- If the amount of credits did not change and your course level did not change (i.e. undergrad to undergrad), then you do not need to do anything. The original web form submitted can remain for the new course.
- If either the amount of credits changed (i.e. 4 credits to 3 credits) or the course level changed (i.e. undergrad to grad or vice versa), you must send an email to email@example.com indicating the original web form number submitted, the new course, and what has changed.