EDUCATION & HELPING PROFESSIONS
Explore potential careers and develop industry specific skills for success in the Education & Helping Professions Community. The Career Center offers individual counseling, job and internship resources, networking events, and professional development opportunities to help students succeed. Below is a quick snapshot of relevant industries, career outlook, community specific resources, and related Registered Student Organizations to help direct students along their career path in the Education & Helping Professions Community.
OCCUPATIONS & BROAD INDUSTRIES:
- Adult Education
- Coaching/Athletic Administration
- College Administration & Student Affairs
- Counseling (Mental Health; School/Guidance/Career; Marriage/Family; Substance Abuse; Rehabilitation; Crisis; Pastoral; Art/Music Therapy; etc.)
- Community Services
- Curriculum Development
- Education/School Administration
- Education Advocacy
- English as a Second Language Teaching
- Libraries/Information & Media Services
- Pre-K & K-12 Teaching (Public, Charter & Private/Independent Schools)
- School Psychology
- Social & Human Services
- School Specialists (PT; OT; Speech/Language)
- Family and Social Services/Social Work
- Student Services
- Teaching Abroad
- Vocational Education
- Youth Development
- Office of Certification and Accreditation at the University of Delaware
Contains links to certification procedures, testing requirements, informational meetings, etc.
- State Departments of Education and Certification Information
Contact information for state DOE's and steps and requirements for certification in each state.
- From Campus to Classroom
A helpful job search guide for teacher education majors
- a free resource to help find non-teaching jobs in Education (e.g. leadership, policy, fundraising, curriculum, finance, operations, technology, data management)
Job Search Resources/Tools by State
- and the
Two agencies that provide substitute teachers to many Delaware and Pennsylvania schools.
Part of the National School Applications Network, this is a free service. Candidates interested in Pennsylvania public school employment are strongly encouraged to utilize this tool.
- (New York)
- (New York)
- (CT- Regional Educational Applicant & Placement Program)
Part of the National School Applications Network, this is a free service to teacher candidates. Candidates interested in Connecticut public school employment are strongly encouraged to utilize this tool.
TeachNOLA is a highly selective program that trains professionals and college graduates to become teachers in New Orleans' highest needs schools.
Additional Job Search Resources / Tools
A resource for candidates pursuing positions in charter schools nationwide.
Click on "Career Center" for job search information (located under the "Professional Development" tab).
A comprehensive site for those pursuing K-12 teaching, administrative or support jobs.
Free school matching and career development tools. 1,200+ public/private, PK-12 schools in urban metro areas in the Northeast (NYC, NJ, Philly, DC, Boston) and Los Angeles.
Allows users to search a job bank for openings according to state or key word.
Thousands of job postings from schools/school districts across the United States. Free to job seekers.
Identify schools, school districts and Federal program information by searching respective databases.
A helpful employment source for educators.
Teachers commit to teaching for two years in urban or rural schools.
Provides job seekers with a job bank, chat boards, curriculum resources, and a lesson plan book. Users can receive e-mails on new vacancy listings and utilize internet career seminars.
A personal job search tool for educators.
Private/Independent School Information & Placement Services
Provides teacher and administrator placement for U.S. and international independent schools. No fee is charged to candidates.
Contains information about private schools, careers in independent school teaching, and related topics.
STA helps connect teachers to positions in private and independent schools in the South (no fee to candidates).
- (Career Central)
- (Academic job postings and news)
HELPING PROFESSIONS RESOURCES:
- Association of Pre-Professional Leaders in Education (APPLE)
- Secondary Educators of Tomorrow (SET)
- Student Association for the Education of Young Children (SAYEC)
- Academic Support Program Inspiring Renaissance Educators (ASPIRE)
- Autism Speaks
- Best Buddies
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Charity Crossing
- Lori’s Hands
- Music with Heart
- Special Olympics
To find out more about these RSOs and how to get involved, visit Student Central.
- Choose "Personalize Handshake" at the top of your home screen
- Choose from 8 different industry focused communities
- Start learning about jobs, internships, and events that interest you
一道本不卡免费高清CONNECT WITH YOUR COMMUNITY TODAY
TOP TEN EMPLOYERS:
一道本不卡免费高清- Appoquinimink School District (DE)
一道本不卡免费高清- Boys & Girls Clubs
一道本不卡免费高清- Child, Inc.
一道本不卡免费高清- City Year
- Easter Seals
- Fairfax County Public Schools (VA)
- Howard County Public Schools (MD)
- State of Delaware
- Success Academy Charter Schools (NY)
- Teach for America
Follow us for the latest career events and news:
Connect with @UDCareers
#UDINTERN • #UDREAMITDOIT
Phone: (302) 831-2392
401 Academy Street • Newark, DE 19716